Organizing a Third Party Fundraiser is an exciting way to support The Safe Center LI’s programs and services. By organizing your own event, you not only bring awareness to the issues surrounding domestic/dating violence, sexual assault, and child abuse but also are creating a movement within your community that will continue to challenge and change systems that tolerate and perpetuate abuse against any one individual. Over the years, services provided by The Safe Center have benefited from generous donations received from these community efforts and has set up the following guidelines to assist you with planning and implementing a successful event.
When formulating a plan to have a Third Party Fundraiser for The Safe Center, please keep in mind:
A Third Party Fundraiser event should…
• Have an approved signed third party fundraising application that has been reviewed and authorized by The Safe Center.
• Provide revenue or collect new consumer goods in support of The Safe Center program and services.
• Promote The Safe Center’s mission and vision.
• Represent The Safe Center’s values.
• Be held in an appropriate and safe venue.
A Third Party Fundraiser should not…
• Utilize The Safe Center name or logo without explicit authorization.
• Change approved language used to represent The Safe Center’s mission.
• Provide gaming opportunities.
• Promote the use of alcohol or tobacco.
• Engage in propaganda or disseminate materials that promote a political point of view.
Third Party Application Checklist
Does completed Event Proposal Application form include the:
• Event Organizer Contact Information.
• Description of event including activity details.
• Date, Time, and Location of Event.
• Anticipated Audience, Attendance and Revenue.
• Stated percentage of net proceeds to be donated back to The Safe Center.
Previous Fundraisers for The Safe Center